- knock down the walls between the lounge and kitchen to create large open plan living space
- put in bi-fold doors to open the space to the garden
- update and modernise both bathrooms
- add a laundry room
- create bespoke storage solutions in one of the bedrooms.
To begin with we took down the chimney that came down in the centred of the house and knocked down most of the walls to create a large open plan space. We then put in supporting steels in the opening for the bifold doors and windows. Next we installed underfloor heating to the whole downstairs – a low-pro 10mm system – this saves space and runs off the new boiler and pressurised system we also put in.
In the two existing bathrooms we stripped out everything, re-plumbed, re-plastered, and then tiled the entire rooms for a modern look in a luxurious ceramic.
The kitchen came from Sylvarna and has all the following features:
- granite worktop
- an extractor fan than rises up out of the worktop
- flush wall cupboards that hide the fridge, double oven, and coffee station at the end
- sonos surround system
- Quakka hot water top (instant hot water on demand – no kettle needed!)
- two energy efficient log burners
- bi-fold doors leading to concrete patio with Beedeater outdoor kitchen station